While WordPress plugins can add extra functionality to your site, it’s not always necessary to rely on additional plugins or addons when using Elementor.
Every time you add an addon or plugin for extra features you are adding complexity to your WordPress site. WordPress is really powerful but it is really easy to get lost in plugins and using too many of them.
When the thread slips away from your hand it is hard or even impossible to catch it back.
This is why I always avoid using addons or plugins with Elementor.
Elementor itself already has almost any need you will have in a website. The best way to use it to customize the widgets comes with Elementor Core. Yes, that needs HTML CSS and sometimes JS knowledge.
But that’s not a block anymore. AI tools can write simple CSS or JS codes.
Even elementor itself created a GPT AI to help you customize their widgets 🙂
I recently tried it it works really great.
It is not as good as chatgpt but they customized it to their widgets so when you are asking for a code it writes the selector automatically or it selects the needed widgets sub-class automatically.
It will definitely get better and better. Use it.
If you care about optimization and speed avoid add-ons for all costs 🙂
Customize the widgets with CSS and JS or write widgets for yourself.
I love writing shortcodes. Elementor renders shortcodes in the editor in realtime so it works really well and WordPress shortcode API is very optimized so it will work fine all the time.
Use AI tools to write simple widgets and codes. First, try AI tools to create your customizations if you fail then go for plugins or addons.
I know some of you don’t know any web coding knowledge and that is thought not gonna lie.
But creating a awareness about avoiding the addons I think very important in the long term.
That’s why I wanted to write this Article.
Here is What GPT4 thinks about this subject 🙂
- Speed: Since Elementor does not require any additional plugins to function optimally, it minimizes HTTP requests, reducing the website’s load time. This lean approach keeps your website nimble and responsive, contributing to a seamless user experience.
- Stability: By avoiding the use of external add-ons, you mitigate the risk of conflicts arising between plugins. This ensures a more stable site performance, reduces the risk of crashes, and makes troubleshooting more straightforward.
- Security: Every plugin added to a WordPress site introduces potential security vulnerabilities. By sticking to Elementor alone, you’re limiting these potential entry points for hackers, thereby enhancing your website’s overall security.
- Control: Using Elementor alone allows developers to maintain greater control over the website’s design and functionality. It prevents design inconsistencies that might occur due to conflicting plugins or add-ons.
- SEO Optimization: Elementor’s code-free design process doesn’t compromise on the quality of the website’s code. The cleaner, leaner code makes the site more SEO-friendly, which can contribute to better search rankings.
The same suggestions goes for Bricks Builder by the way. I love Bricks Builder I am not using as much as I want to but. It is as powerful as Elementor. keep this in mind 😉
I don’t have any affiliate with elementor or bricks all of them are just tools for me.