To install WordPress on a localhost, follow these steps:
- Download and install a local server environment on your computer, such as XAMPP or WAMP. This will allow you to run a local WordPress site on your computer.
- Start the local server and open PHPMyAdmin from the server control panel.
- In PHPMyAdmin, create a new database for your WordPress site.
- Download the latest version of WordPress from wordpress.org and extract the files to a folder on your computer.
- Rename the “wp-config-sample.php” file to “wp-config.php” and open it in a text editor.
- Edit the “wp-config.php” file to include your database name, username, and password.
- Save the “wp-config.php” file and move it to the root directory of your WordPress installation.
- Open a web browser and go to “localhost/your-wordpress-folder” to access the WordPress installation wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the WordPress installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can log in to your WordPress dashboard at “localhost/your-wordpress-folder/wp-admin” using the username and password you specified during the installation process.